Improve patient setup during hypofractionation and SRS treatment
Submillimeter Accuracy & Precise Treatment
The Solstice™ SRS Immobilization System’s variable pitch capability provides increased setup options in CT simulation, MR imaging* and corrective positioning flexibility during treatment setup. This unique system provides non-invasive immobilization with submillimeter accuracy for treatment of multiple lesions with a single isocenter.
Additional Features & Benefits
- Utilizes a variety of thermoplastic types including IMRT Reinforced™ and ClearVision™ open-face compatible with Vision RT's AlignRT® camera system
- Midline thermoplastic mask attachment provides increased rigidity and minimizes shrinkage to enhance patient comfort
- Highly conformal to the patient when using a customizable cushion and dedicated thermoplastic mask
- Unique thermoplastic frame provides easy to use, secure and quiet mask attachment
- Adaptable with Precise Bite™ to aid in effective and repeatable positioning
||This study demonstrates the efficacy and feasibility of the immobilization device in the intracranial radiation treatment. Both patient comfort and preparation time by RTTs are considered adequate. In combination with online daily imaging procedure, this device can achieve submillimeter accuracy required for intracranial and stereotactic treatments.
||This case report demonstrates how the Solstice SRS Immobilization System device allowsto obtain an excellent stability and reproducibility for the positioning of the patient in the treatment of brain lesions, especially in the field of Linac-based Radiosurgery.
||This case study demonstrates that the Solstice system allows use of very slight 1 mm CTV-PTV margin for Linac-based SRT and ensure reproducibility and stability of the system for the entire treatment duration, reporting excellent characteristics in terms of ease of procedures and patient/physician’s comfort.
What Users Are Saying
"The Solstice system has proven to be reliable, easy to use and well tolerated by our patients. The Solstice and thermoplastic mask system provides stability during the entire treatment course, even with daily stress due to patient set-up. The use of a customizable cushion enhances patient comfort. The option of using a Precise Bite improves confidence in the simulation and reproducibility required during SRT treatment."
- Dr. Alberto Ciarmatori, Medical Physicist, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedali Riuniti Marche Nord Hospital, Pesaro, Italy
"We are very satisfied with the Solstice product. The match data of CBCT’s made prior and after the treatment indicates high accuracy and stability. The pitch correction functionality gives us extra reassurance in positioning accuracy of the patient especially in treatment of multiple metastases using single isocenter."
- Dr. Chin Loon Ong, Medical Physicist, Department of Radiotherapy Haga Hospital, Den Haag, Zuid Holland
"...It's a great system for patient comfort, treatment accuracy and easy of setup."
- Matt Taylor, Chief Radiation Therapist, University of California San Diego